Bahrain Guide: What is De-registration from VAT?
Steps to de-register from VAT in Bahrain
VAT was introduced in Bahrain on 1st January, 2019. The standard rate of 5% will be applicable on goods and services. After registering under VAT in Bahrain, if at any time, the registered person, no longer meets the criteria for registration, then he must de-register himself. After such an event, he must request for de-registration to NBR. The registered person must keep in mind, until and unless NBR approves request for de-registration, he will continue to be liable for all the compliance under VAT Law in Bahrain.
Two ways of de-registration in Bahrain is possible:
- Voluntary de-registration
- Mandatory de-registration
Voluntary De-registration in Bahrain
- A resident of Bahrain will apply for de-registration, when the value of its supplies or total expenses is below mandatory registration threshold (BHD 37,500).
- A non-resident of Bahrain may choose to voluntarily de-register under VAT Law.
Mandatory De-registration in Bahrain
- A resident or non-resident may be de-registered if he no longer carries out an economic activity in the Kingdom of Bahrain.
- A resident or non-resident may be de-registered if he has not made any supplies for a period of 12 consecutive months.
For more information on this topic, please visit our Blogs Section or Contact Us
For enquiries E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
What are VAT Rates in Bahrain?
How price will be charged after VAT in Bahrain?
How to apply for VAT Registration in Bahrain?
What are Bahrain VAT Tax Groups?