UAE Guide: Duties and Eligibility for Tax Agent in Dubai
Tax Agent is a person registered with the FTA, who can be appointed by a Taxable Person to represent him/her before the FTA and assist in fulfilling his/her tax obligations and exercising his tax rights. A Tax Agent can assist taxable persons to fully meet their tax obligations and save them the time and effort required in compliance. Tax Agent performs a very important role of enabling and guiding Taxable Persons to accurately and effectively perform activities of compliance under VAT in Dubai. They act as a mediator between Taxable Persons and the FTA.
The duties of a Tax Agent in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, UAE is to :-
- Assist Taxable Persons with their tax obligations as per the contractual agreement between them.
- Maintain the confidentiality of any information obtained in the course of performing his/her duties.
- Refuse to participate in any work or plan which may result in the breach of any Law by any person or which may harm the integrity of the tax system.
- Provide all information, documents, records and data required regarding the Taxable Person he/she represents, if requested by FTA.
A person wanting to register as a Tax Agent in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, UAE should fulfil the following conditions :-
- Be of good conduct and behaviour and never have been convicted of a crime or misdemeanour prejudicial to integrity or honesty.
- Should hold a certified Bachelor or Master degree in tax, accounting or law from a recognised educational institution. If the applicant holds a bachelor degree in any other field, he/she should submit a tax certification from an internationally recognised tax institute.
- Should hold a certification of relevant and recent experience of at least 3 years in tax, qualified accounting or Law.
- Provide a certificate proving their verbal and written communication in both Arabic and English.
- Pass the FTA’s Tax Agent exam.
- Provide a medical fitness certificate.
- Hold professional indemnity insurance.
Tax Agent has to mandatorily register with the FTA and obtain a Tax Agent license. A Tax Agent register is a register maintained by the FTA in which all matters related to a Tax Agent’s professional conduct will be lodged.
For enquiries, call +971 5679 52590 / E-mail: email@example.com