An assistant is someone that can help you with different kinds of administrative tasks while being physically present around you as, and when needed, a virtual assistant offers the same services, but without being physically present. In other words, a virtual assistant is an independent contractor, who, from their own homes or other settings, offers administrative services primarily through computers (or such systems) and the internet. A virtual assistant would have experience working in a secretarial position or in an office management position and would thus be able to provide all the required services, simply with the help of technology.
As companies already have a large number of employees, hiring a virtual assistant provides you with the opportunity to hire someone to perform the administrative tasks when needed, without actually having to hire a full-time employee (yes that is possible too) and offer benefits that come with hiring a full-time employee. Since a lot of people prefer to work from the comfort of their homes, or simply do not like having to go to an office, you can easily find independent contractors willing to work as virtual assistants; all you need to do is post about the kind of responsibilities they would have to fulfill, and they can apply. Some of the benefits that come with choosing to hire a virtual assistant over a regular assistant are: –
- Gives you more time to focus on other pressing matters
- An expert virtual assistant would ensure that there are minimum errors
- It is an effective and convenient means of managing your business
- You can cut down on costs by outsourcing this work
- You can also hire virtual bookkeepers and some of the work they can do includes:
- Maintain updated bank records
- Help with the company’s annual or quarterly tax preparations
- Keep a check on the company’s spending patterns
- Keep track of employee reimbursements
- Enter transaction data
- Keep accounts updated etc.