Why is it Important to Get Your Education Document Attestation Done Before Moving to Dubai?
If you plan on moving to Dubai for any reason; whether to study, find a job, start a business, settle down with family, you would need to apply for a visa. It is only after you have been granted the visa that you can actually move to Dubai. Now applying for the visa isn’t the only process you need to follow. Along with that, you need to pay for the interview, actually go to Dubai embassy for the interview, and one of the most important of them all; get a certain set of legal documents attested by a series of government agencies, both of your home country and that of the Dubai.
What is Attestation in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, UAE?
It is the process to get your documents checked and authenticated by different government authorities. In other words, the attestation process in Dubai verifies that all the documents and information you have provided are accurate. The authorities will stamp your documents once they have been checked and you can then take those attested documents to the subsequent authorities for the same. Without the stamp of attestation or authenticity from one agency, the next one will not stamp your documents, i.e., you need to follow a particular order. Since it is a tedious and complicated process, it is often advised to hire an attestation service to make the work easier. The common documents you need to have attested are:
What is the process of Attestation in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, UAE?
When it comes to the process you need to follow, it is as follows:
- Notary Department Attestation: This is the first step in the process. You need to go to the Public Notary Office or Collector’s Office in your city to get your documents stamped.
- Home Department Attestation: Once the documents carry the stamp of the Notary Department, you must go to the State Home Department, especially for your personal documents. Your educational documents need to be attested by the HRD Ministry.
- Ministry of External Affairs Attestation: It is responsible for dealing with foreign affairs of the country, so your documents must have a stamp of authenticity by the MEA.
- UAE Embassy Attestation: Once your documents have been attested by the government authorities of your country, you move on to the UAE Embassy for attestation.
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs Attestation: This is the last step in the process. Once all the previous authorities have stamped your documents, the MOFA needs to perform the last step. It is an agency of the Dubai government, but you do not need to be physically present to get a stamp.
Education Document Attestation in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, UAE
When you plan on moving to the Dubai, your educational documents or certificates are very important and you must not forget to get any of them attested. These include any degree certificates (B.A, M.A, M.Phil, Ph.D.), diploma certificates, associate degree certificates, High School Certificate (HSC), Senior Secondary School Leaving Certificate (SSLC), transfer certificate etc. When submitting your educational certificates for attestation, you would need to submit identity proof along with them such as copies of your passport.
These certificates need to be attested by the Ministry of Human Resource Development once the Notary Department has stamped them. Then you can take them to be attested by the subsequent authorities. Here is why you need to have your educational documents attested:
- To Verify Information: When you fill out a visa application in Dubai, you are required to provide some personal information such as date of birth, nationality, home address, place of birth, etc. In order to verify whether this information is accurate, the authorities cross-check with the information provided on your certificates, including the educational ones.
- To Provide a General Idea About Your Academic Background: Your educational certificates provide an idea regarding your educational background, how far have you studied, the field(s) you are involved in, your skills etc. This information is important since it can determine the kind of activities or work you may be involved with when you move to Dubai.
- Important When Looking to Get Admission in a School: If the reason you are moving to the Dubai is to get into a good school, your educational documents are of utmost importance. They provide information about your grades, your extracurricular activities, the grade/ class till which you have completed your schooling, etc. It is on the basis of these documents that you will be admitted into school in Dubai. For instance, if you have graduated from 10 th grade and wish to complete the rest of your schooling (11 th and 12 th grade) in Dubai, then your High School certificates are very important.
- When Applying to a College or University: Every college has its own set of procedures to follow when seeking to get admission. One of those procedures is to provide proof of your schooling. You would be required to present your high school certificate, transfer certificate, etc. along with any diploma or degree certificates if you have already completed a program in college. Without having complete information on your prior education, no college or university will allow admission, and since these certificates are government-issued and attested, they serve as proof.
- When Applying for a Job: If you plan to move to Dubai because you found a wonderful job opportunity, your educational certificates provide crucial information regarding your academic qualifications and your skills. Your degree or diploma certificates state that you have a certain set of skills pertaining to a specific field, and your employers seek proof of your skills. Hence, your educational certificates are very important when you are looking to begin working for a company in Dubai.
It is essential that you understand the whole attestation procedure when you apply for a visa in Dubai. Dubai is a very common choice for people wishing to move abroad and thus the country sees a lot of immigration. In such a case, it becomes important for the authorities to have all the information regarding an applicant so they know that they don’t intend to indulge in any illegal activities while in the UAE. Your certificates (personal, educational and/or commercial) play a key role in whether your visa gets approved or not. Hence, you must make sure that you provide all the right documents for attestation and follow all the instructions to the T.
For enquiries, call +971 5679 52590 / E-mail: email@example.com