What are Some of the Document Attestation for Teachers Who Wish to Work in Dubai?
Every single day, there are thousands of people all around the globe that make the decision to move to a different country in search of better opportunities and a better livelihood. One of the countries which attract immigrants from all over the world is the United Arab Emirates. A conglomeration of seven states, or emirates (Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Ajman, Sharjah, Fujairah, Ras al Khaimah and Umm al Quwain), the UAE has a thriving economy and offers many employment and educational opportunities.
However, making that move isn’t the simplest. Since there are people from all around constantly immigrating to the UAE, there are many rules and regulations to follow when it comes to getting a visa. Depending upon the kind of visa you apply for, there are different criteria to fulfill. Hence, if you are a teacher hoping to work in the UAE, you need to make sure you fill out your application correctly and have all the necessary documents attested by the concerned authorities to avoid any issues later in the process.
What is Meant by Attestation in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, UAE?
In the simplest of words, attestation in Dubai refers to the verification process, which declares your documents as being authentic. When you apply for any kind of visa to any country, you would be required to get certain documents and certificates attested or stamped by different government organizations in order to prove that all the information you provided is genuine. It is crucial that you follow all the necessary procedures and have all the required documents attested or else you stand the risk of having your visa declined. Since attestation is a lengthy and complicated process, it is best to hire a certified attestation service to help make the process smoother.
Documents to Get Attested in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, UAE as a Teacher Wishing to Work in the UAE
As mentioned above, irrespective of your visa category, you need to have certain documents attested. If you are a teacher hoping to work in any of the 7 emirates of the UAE, here are the documents you must get attested without fail:-
- Personal Certificates: Since you wish to enter another country for work purposes, it is important for the authorities to have all the basic important information about you, such as your place of birth, the status of your health, about any marriages or divorces, etc. Your birth certificate, marriage and divorce certificates, medical certificate, copies of your passport etc. count as personal certificates.
- Educational Certificates: These involve your degree certificates, diploma certificates, transfer certificate, Senior Secondary School Leaving Certificate (SSLC), and High School Certificate (HSC). Since you have applied for a visa with the intention of getting a teaching position in the UAE, your educational certificates, especially degree certificates, are of utmost importance and you mustn’t forget to get any stamped or attested.
- Teaching License: A teaching license is essentially a credential that is given to you by a certain governing body in your state. It entails that you possess the required qualifications and are thus legally allowed to teach, either in your country or outside. It is very important to have your teaching license attested since it is one of the primary requirements when applying for a teaching job Since it too is a license, make sure to keep in mind when it expires and make sure to renew it on time.
- Background Check: Again, since you have requested entry into another country, it is imperative that they have all the details about you before they grant permission. One of the most important procedures while applying for a visa in Dubai as a teacher is a thorough background check. A background check is primarily a way for authorities to gain information pertaining to your life and to verify whether all the information you have provided is authentic. When conducting a background check, they try to find about your education, personal life such as marriages or divorce, employment, any criminal records you may possess, etc. During this process, you must not conceal any details to avoid getting into a fix later.
Apart from these, you might also need to have your financial documents attested and stamped, providing information about your assets, businesses, etc. Once your documents all have the stamp of authenticity, your employer can go ahead and apply for a Work Permit.
The Attestation Procedure in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, UAE
Simply knowing the authorities who would be verifying, and stamping isn’t enough. You must know the correct order to follow since no government agency will attest your documents without the stamp of certain agencies that were to precede them. So, here is the process you must follow:
- Notary Department Attestation: You need to take your documents firstly to the Notary Public Office or Collector’s Office in your city. Without the stamp of authenticity by the Notary Department, you cannot move to the next step.
- Home Department Attestation: Once you have the Notary’s stamp of verification on your documents, you must have them attested by the Home Department, which a state-level government organisation. It is your personal certificates which need to be attested here.
- Ministry of External Affairs Attestation: The step would be to take your documents and certificates to the Ministry of External Affairs for verification. It is a department of the central government which deals with the country’s foreign affairs and is also responsible for authenticating any and all documents within the country.
- UAE Embassy Attestation: When your documents have been attested by the above-mentioned agencies, it is the UAE Embassy in your city that must check and stamp your documents. Since you wish to enter the UAE, the embassy will thoroughly go over your documents and ensure that all the details are correct before approving them.
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs Attestation: This is the final stage of the attestation procedure in Dubai. Once the UAE Embassy attests to the authenticity of your documents, you must send them to the MOFA for final verification. It is a government department of the Dubai, and thus, the process can be slightly longer. You, however, do not need to be physically present there during this.
As someone wishing to apply for any kind of employment in Dubai, including that of a teacher’s position, it is essential to have all your documents at the ready. You must carefully understand the whole procedure and provide all the documents when required, with accurate information so that your visa process goes smoothly, and your visa gets approved with no issues.
For enquiries, call +971 5679 52590 / E-mail: email@example.com