What is Everything you need to know about birth certificate attestation in UAE?
UAE is a country that offers a rich history alongside a modern lifestyle. It has one of the highest standards of living in the world. It offers great facilities of quality education, access to healthcare, excellent employment opportunities as well as activities for fun and leisure.
Importance of birth certificate attestation in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, UAE
A birth certificate is the first legal document of a person recognizing him/her legally. It ensures that the child has been registered in the civil records of the government authority of that country. It is required for access to many public services like healthcare, vaccinations, identity, citizenship, education, employment, etc. So proper care has to be taken while preparing a birth certificate. Many certificates have errors in spelling, name, exact date, or month that are not noticed until a person goes on to make a passport.
If you want to get a resident visa in Dubai, the birth certificate is mandatory. Attestation of the birth certificate is necessary, and the procedure for the same depends on the country of birth, whether Dubai or any other. Birth certificate attestation is a process of authenticating a birth certificate by a competent government authority with a seal and a signature. This ensures that the copy of the birth certificate is genuine and authentic. In the case of overseas procedures, it is evidence that the person was born in a particular country, their name, and their age. In the process of birth certificate attestation, regulations depend upon the country.
Attestation in Dubai
The procedure for attestation of birth certificates in the Dubai can be performed in the country in which the document was initially issued. For use in the Dubai, it is important that the certificate is attested by the home department, or the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), or an embassy of the country where the person intends to go.
List of documents required
Below is a list of documents required for the attestation process of a birth certificate in Dubai
- Original birth certificate
- Copy of the passport
- Copy of the visa
- Authorization letter
The process can be complete without the need of the person visiting the country that issued the certificate.
The procedure for the attestation is listed below.
- Verification and attestation by the notary: Certification by a notary is performed before all other procedures involving the course of action. It is obtained from a local notary, in the form of a sign and a stamp. A notary can be easily found in a court or near any government offices. The notary is the most primary requirement of any legislature related certification process. It is the first step in the attestation of personal and educational documents.
- Attestation by the Ministry of External Affairs of the country issuing the certificate. This is a piece of evidence that the person is valid and the birth certificate was issued from a legitimate authority. MEA or Ministry of External Affairs is the final stage of verification from the home government after which an MEA seal is put on the document. MEA is the central ministry that looks after the external affairs of a country.
- Attestation by the Embassy of the country issuing the certificate.
- Attestation by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country where the certificate is to be used. It is done by the personnel of the country the documents are being made for.
This process involves verification from various public offices and departments, both in the home country as well as the country the person intends to go to.
For example, if your birth certificate issuing country is India, and you require attestation for its use in Dubai, these will be the steps to follow:
- Public notary. These can be found easily and is the first step of the attestation process.
- Home Department in India. This is a state-level department. Alternatively, you can also get the attestation from the Sub-Divisional Magistrate(SDM) or the Ministry of HRD, depending upon the case.
- MEA or the Ministry of External Affairs in India is a central ministry dealing with foreign affairs.
- Dubai Consulate/Embassy, in Mumbai or Delhi.
- MOFA (Ministry of Foreign Affairs) UAE.
How much time does it take?
The attestation process involves authentication form various offices and departments. It can take up to 15 days to a month to complete, depending upon the case and the country. There are lots of documents required for the process and many stages. It also depends on other factors like public holidays, the complexity of the certificate, etc.
How much does it cost?
Birth Certificate attestation charges depend on a lot of factors, for example, the country, the requirement, also from the place the documents were issued. Dubai attestation fees could be low or high and can still differ with the extra facilities like pick up and drop service or faster services by the agency.
If you are not sure about the process of getting the documents attested by the Dubai embassy, then it is advisable that you seek the services of professional service providers. With their experience and expertise, these professionals can get your documents attested in a time-bound manner and make sure that you need not face any hassles due to it.
For enquiries, call +971 5679 52590 / E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org